Goals and opportunities
The Greater Nanaimo Cycling Coalition Strategic Plan: Top-Level Goals and Priorities
Goal A: Make bicycling in the Nanaimo region safer and more accessible to people of all ages and abilities.
- Advocate for a world-class network of bikeways.
- Advocate for destination facilities and integration with public mass transit.
- Work to ensure that cyclists are respected and protected under the law.
Goal B: Empower/ Encourage more people to fit bicycling into their everyday lives.
- Partner/ Collaborate with other cycling organizations and community groups to encourage more people to attend by bike.
- Provide education focused on overcoming individual barriers to cycling.
- Promote best practices for safely sharing the roads to both drivers and cyclists.
Goal C: Grow the bicycling movement.
- Develop membership, advocates, and work collaboratively with other organizations to unify the cycling community and to accomplish common goals.
- Increase business and health care industry support for bicycling.
- Increase community organization support for bicycling (especially neighborhood associations).
- Increase support from elected/appointed officials.